Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Peculiarly British Behaviour

It's often said that the British love to support the underdog. Admirable, I suppose.
In my case, this tendency has got positively disturbing....

Most mornings I purchase a pancake (a Scottish pancake, a.k.a drop scone) from the coffee station in the library. To accompany my pancake, I am offered a choice from a range of preserves nicely laid out in a wee basket. Now, my personal favourite happens to be Apricot Jam. Recently however, alarmed to notice that the wee tubs of Blackcurrant Jam didn't seem to be shifting nearly as quickly as the other varieties, and deducing therefore that Blackcurrant was the least popular preserve amongst the pancake customer-base, I felt it incumbent on me to show solidarity with the rejected jam. I have selected the ootlin Blackcurrant ever since.