Saturday, July 16, 2005

If at first you don't succeed...errrm,... CHEAT

I decided that my next Sim would have to be a young man, as in real life I find males generally much more interesting, reasonable and entertaining than wimmin. Daniela and Kate had quickly proved themselves to be as vacuous and carping in personality as I've grown to expect from young women in the non-Sim world. Maybe a gentleman wouldn't tire so easily, and would spend less time on the lavvie, hence squeezing more time to study or have this elusive 'Fun'.

However, before creating another Sim, I decided to see if there were hints abroad which could help improve my shoddy performance. I had questions, you see: should you make your Sim work straightaway?... are some career paths better than others?... are some zodiac signs less demanding? So off I went and Googled. And my search bore fruit.... albeit fruit of the forbidden variety.

The first site that popped up helpfully offered me a 'cheat' which would allow me to grab an extra thousand simoleans any time I wanted. Nice one. That'd solve the work problem. Who needs to work when they have a private income?! That'll give my new Sim time to study and learn enough skills not to burn his house down, have the resources of time and cash to do enjoyable things, and still be in a good mood for interacting with his neighbours.

So, Sim the Third, Sam Weasel, was born. I quickly realised that the wee house I've chosen for Sam is a bit too small for someone with an unlimited supply of Simoleans at his fingertips, so I've toyed with moving him into a bigger place. No, no, don't be greedy, said that auld Calvinist voice within, and therefore Sam remains presently in Blackpoint Cottage, happily learning skills, eating well, never having to flush the lavvie (I bought him the automatic one), and generally living high on the hog.

But the crunch has come. There is no room to install a pool table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home