Sunday, October 02, 2005

This Charming Man

My better half, from time to time, describes himself self-deprecatingly as 'Bad Boyfriend Material'. This is very obviously not my opinion and, in fact, he frequently does lovely things for me far above and beyond the call of duty. Not content with worriedly phoning NHS24 earlier this week, when I was suffering from what the characters in Still Game would call 'pisser problems', today he is off in Aberdeen shopping and volunteered to fetch me a new bra from M&S. I'd have gone with him, but I can't be arsed with all the effort involved in going to real shops, so I buy everything online when at all possible. (If I wasn't such a stingy Aberdonian git, I could've easily purchased the desired bra via the website, but of course I winna pit ma haun in ma pooch for a £3.50 delivery charge).

Anyway, my beloved has just phoned me from the Lingerie department, to ascertain if he has indeed found the correct item. I have tried womanfully to give an accurate picture of this particular piece of underwear, but apparently there are two bras fitting this description. He has even enlisted a young female shop assistant to help with the search, but the best I could come up with to help is a website product code, and a vague 'well it's sort of pinky-beige-ish underneath, with black lace overlays, and there's a couple of wee bows'. (I'm sadly lacking in such feminine skills as explaining underwear features).

Poor man. I can almost guarantee that if they do manage to find the correct one, it'll be sold out in my size, and all his brave efforts will come to naught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home